Search This Blog

Monday, April 29, 2013

My wife




Sherry Wong is all kinds of wrong.

She has the most annoying laugh. It is shrill and always last a second too long than what is usually warranted. I always try my hardest not to make her laugh because it really grates on my nerves.

Then there's the fact that she talks too fast and too much. Her words come out at a speed that even light fails to defy. And of course she goes on and on and never seem to find a full stop in her speech. About the only way I know to shut her up is to kiss her and never let go of her mouth until I either need to stop to take in air or I find the time has lapsed enough for me to steel myself for another onslaught of her never ending speech.

Of course there's the fact that she's the worse end of high-maintenance. She is the high-strung high-maintenance kind of woman.

It takes a lot to keep her happy and satisfied. The demands that she makes on my time, energy, resources and finances... don't get me started on how ridiculously impossible they are! And when her demands aren't met? Here comes the high-strung part. The drama, the tantrums, the scene... the war and battle that would ensue following her shrieks, accusations and tears.

Sigh...

Sometimes I wonder what madness in me drives me to see her as nothing less than perfect despite all the negative aspects I just detailed.

But of course the moment those thoughts crosses my mind, the image of her loving, beguiling, mesmerizing, bewitching... (I could go on and on) smile reminds me exactly why Sherry Wong despite being the definition of a train wreck, is the only woman to have ever manage to capture me heart, mind, body and soul.

Oh, don't mistake my seemingly beguiled reaction to her womanly charms as being easily cowed. I fought raging demons inside of me who wanted to strangle her within an inch of her life too many times to count. I triumphed over concerned friendly protest, wise parental advice and all other form of deterrent to my misguided romance. You can't imagine the various stop and danger signs in the highway of our romantic journey which I thoroughly ignored and sped by.

But in the end, the idea of this person who knows me inside out and accept me for who I am, wrong as I may have seemed to her as well... well it was just too perfect to resist.

And now Sherry Wong who is all kinds of wrong, is all kinds of right and is my happy bride.

No comments:

Post a Comment